By Miklós Farkas
Dynamic versions in Biology deals an creation to trendy mathematical biology. This booklet offers a brief creation to trendy mathematical equipment in modeling dynamical phenomena and treats the extensive subject matters of inhabitants dynamics, epidemiology, evolution, immunology, morphogenesis, and development formation.
Primarily using differential equations, the writer offers obtainable descriptions of inauspicious mathematical versions. contemporary mathematical effects are incorporated, however the author's presentation offers intuitive intending to the entire major formulae. along with mathematicians who are looking to get conversant in this rather new box of purposes, this ebook turns out to be useful for physicians, biologists, agricultural engineers, and environmentalists.
Key themes Include:
- Chaotic dynamics of populations
- The unfold of sexually transmitted diseases
- Problems of the foundation of life
- Models of immunology
- Formation of animal disguise patterns
- The intuitive that means of mathematical formulae defined with many figures
- Applying new mathematical ends up in modeling organic phenomena
Miklos Farkas is a professor at Budapest college of expertise the place he has researched and prompt arithmetic for over thirty years. He has taught at universities within the former Soviet Union, Canada, Australia, Venezuela, Nigeria, India, and Columbia. Prof. Farkas got the 1999 Bolyai Award of the Hungarian Academy of technology and the 2001 Albert Szentgyorgyi Award of the Hungarian Ministry of schooling.
- A 'down-to-earth' advent to the transforming into box of recent mathematical biology
- Also contains appendices which supply historical past fabric that is going past complicated calculus and linear algebra
Read or Download Dynamical Models in Biology PDF
Similar biotechnology books
Advances in Molecular Toxicology beneficial properties the newest advances in all the subspecialties of the wide sector of molecular toxicology. Toxicology is the examine of toxins, and this sequence information the examine of the molecular foundation through which an unlimited array of brokers encountered within the human atmosphere and produced by way of the human physique itself happen themselves as pollutants.
Stem cells, characterised by means of the power to either self-renew and to generate diff- entiated sensible telephone kinds, were derived from the embryo and from va- ous assets of the postnatal animals and human. the hot advances in stem telephone examine have resulted in a greater knowing of self-renewal, upkeep, and diff- entiation of either embryonic and somatic stem cells.
Bayesian Modeling in Bioinformatics discusses the advance and alertness of Bayesian statistical tools for the research of high-throughput bioinformatics information bobbing up from difficulties in molecular and structural biology and disease-related clinical examine, similar to melanoma. It offers a extensive evaluation of statistical inference, clustering, and type difficulties in major high-throughput structures: microarray gene expression and phylogenic research.
The E-Medicine, E-Health, M-Health, Telemedicine, and Telehealth guide presents vast assurance of recent telecommunication within the clinical undefined, from sensors on and in the physique to digital scientific files and past. Telemedicine and digital drugs is the 1st quantity of this instruction manual.
- Biotechnology: An Illustrated Primer
- Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Computational and Visualization Techniques for Structural Bioinformatics Using Chimera (Chapman & Hall/CRC Mathematical and Computational Biology)
- Protocols for Micropropagation of Woody Trees and Fruits
Additional info for Dynamical Models in Biology