By James W. Fitch
* Royalties for revenues of this ebook can be donated to Fisher origin condominium, a starting place that gives loose accommodation and support with transportation charges for households of Wounded Warriors to go to them in army hospitals.
Read Online or Download Desert Sailor: Growing up in the Pacific Fleet 1941-1946 PDF
Best biographies of world war ii books
Steve N. Pisanos’s The Flying Greek is either the vintage story of an immigrant’s bond with the United States and an aerial experience. while younger Pisanos arrived within the U. S. in 1938, he labored, studied English, and discovered to fly. He earned a personal pilot’s license in 1941, and shortly after Germany invaded Greece, he volunteered for the embattled British Royal Air strength.
In 1942, RAF flight controller Robert Wyse turned a eastern prisoner of warfare at the island of Java in Indonesia. Starved, ailing, crushed, and labored to near-death, he wasted away until eventually he weighed in basic terms seventy kilos, his existence putting in tenuous stability. there have been strict orders opposed to POWs conserving diaries, yet Wyse penned his observations at the scarce bits of paper he might locate, suffering to explain the brutalities he witnessed.
Leo Litwak was once a college pupil whilst he joined the military to struggle in international warfare II, "a na've, callow eighteen-year-old son ready to hitch different soldier boys being hauled off to struggle. " In 1944 he chanced on himself in Belgium, in the course of the waning eu conflict, a medic informed to avoid wasting lives yet frequently powerless to do even more than watch existence slip away.
Touring 40 thousand miles and encouraging love and depression in equivalent degree, Lt. Minter Dial’s misplaced Annapolis ring altered the lives of many—not simply those that gazed upon its blue stone. The spellbinding account of 1 man’s obsession with a relations mystery—and the fabricated from many years of study and inquiries—The final Ring domestic explores writer Minter Dial’s pursuit of the genuine tale of his namesake, his past due grandfather Lt.
- Shot Down: The Secret Diary of One POW's Long March to Freedom
- G.I. Joe in France: From Normandy to Berchtesgaden (Praeger Security International)
- Coral Comes High
- The Mighty Eighth in WWII: A Memoir
- Bull Halsey: A Biography
- The German Aces Speak: World War II Through the Eyes of Four of the Luftwaffe's Most Important Commanders
Additional resources for Desert Sailor: Growing up in the Pacific Fleet 1941-1946