By Dolores E. Battle
Written through the various best researchers and clinicians within the box, Communication issues in Multicultural Populations, 4th Edition bargains an in-depth examine the main cultural teams within the U.S. and the problems touching on their verbal exchange improvement, universal issues, and treatment plans. This fourth variation incorporates a wealth of updates and new features — together with the newest learn and extra insurance of verbal exchange concerns in nations similar to Australia, China, Canada, and Brazil — to offer speech-language pathology scholars and speech-language pathologists a balanced and worldwide point of view at the such a lot topical multicultural verbal exchange problems with today.
- Comprehensive coverage specializes in a large choice of cultural and age populations.
- Cutting-edge study and data provide up to date discussions according to the most recent experiences in multiculturalism because it pertains to the SLP and AuD professions.
- Diverse panel of professional authors contain a few of the best researchers and clinicians within the field.
- Additional resources supply a concentrated directory of print and digital resources on the finish of every bankruptcy to help extra in-depth learn of a selected subject.
- Chapter on foreign perspectives tackles concerns in international locations corresponding to Australia, Canada, China, and Brazil to provide you a extra international figuring out of communique disorders.
- The most modern statistics from the 2010 U.S. Census document bargains the most up-tp-date facts on hand.
- Increased content on older adults covers the multicultural concerns, voice issues, and neurogenic problems specific to this crucial demographic.
- Case studies provide you with perform fixing sensible medical problems.
- Chapter evaluation and conclusion define the most important details in every one bankruptcy and function a list for content material mastery.
Read or Download Communication Disorders in Multicultural Populations - E-Book PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
Many of us with dyspraxia and dyslexia even have ADHD. This totally revised variation of David Grant’s thought-provoking, insightful e-book develops our figuring out of particular studying transformations and considers the extra demanding situations awarded by means of those overlapping stipulations. New sections discover psychological imagery [visualisation] and synaesthesia, permitting the reader to achieve a fuller figuring out of the sensory studies and innovations of people with particular studying transformations.
Light Cognitive Impairment (MCI) has been pointed out as a massive scientific transition among basic getting older and the early phases of Alzheimer's affliction (AD). considering remedies for advert are probably to be greatest early throughout the affliction, MCI has develop into an issue of serious significance and has been investigated in several populations of curiosity in lots of nations.
Möchten Sie die Leistungen bzw. Fehlleistungen des Gehirns besser verstehen? Alan Lieury wirft in bekannt lehrreicher und amüsanter Weise interessante Fragen über die Funktionsweise unseres Gehirns auf. Diese beantwortet er anhand von über eighty anschaulichen kurzen und prägnanten Aha-Experimenten aus dem Bereich der kognitiven Psychologie und zieht daraus jeweils ein Fazit.
Wyllie's therapy of Epilepsy: ideas and perform, sixth variation offers a huge, specified, and cohesive evaluation of seizure problems and modern treatments. Written via the main influential specialists within the box and carefully up to date to supply the most up-tp-date content material, Wyllie’s therapy of Epilepsy assists neurologists and epilepsy experts, neurology citizens and fellows, and neuropsychologists in assessing and treating their epileptic sufferers with the most recent treatments.
- Clinical Neuropsychology and Technology: What’s New and How We Can Use It
- Building Resilience to Trauma: The Trauma and Community Resiliency Models
- A Tour of the Senses: How Your Brain Interprets the World
- The Healing Power of Emotion: Affective Neuroscience, Development & Clinical Practice (Norton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology)
Extra info for Communication Disorders in Multicultural Populations - E-Book