By Richard K. Peach,Lewis P. Shapiro
This new graduate point textbook, Cognition and bought Language problems: a data Processing Approach, addresses the cognitive facets of language and conversation. It assembles the latest info in this subject, addressing general cognitive processing for language in adults, the cognitive impairments underlying language problems bobbing up from various neurologic stipulations, and present evaluate and therapy concepts for the administration of those problems. The textual content is geared up utilizing a data processing method of received language issues, and hence could be set except texts that rely on a extra conventional, syndrome-based procedure (e.g., stroke, dementia, and nerve-racking mind injury). This strategy enables the outline and therapy of bought language issues throughout many neurologic teams while specific cognitive deficits are pointed out. different worthwhile positive factors of the textual content comprise evaluate and remedy protocols which are in accordance with present facts. those protocols offer scholars and clinicians a prepared medical source for handling language issues as a result of deficits in consciousness, reminiscence, linguistic operations, and govt services.
- Unique process-oriented approach organizes content material via cognitive techniques rather than through syndromes so that you can follow the knowledge and remedy techniques to anybody of many neurologic teams with a similar cognitive deficit.
- Cognitive domain names are defined as they relate to communication instead of separated as they're in lots of different guides the place they're handled as self sustaining behaviors.
- A separate part on general processing contains 5 chapters delivering a powerful origin for knowing the criteria that give a contribution to disordered communique and its management.
- The evidence-based approach promotes top practices for the best administration of sufferers with cognitive-communication disorders.
- Coverage of the cognitive points of communication is helping you meet the factors for certification in speech-language pathology.
- A powerful writer team contains lead authors who're renowned and hugely revered within the educational neighborhood, besides specialist participants, making sure a complete, complex scientific text/reference.
Read Online or Download Cognition and Aquired Language Disorders - E-Book: An Information Processing Approach PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
Many of us with dyspraxia and dyslexia even have ADHD. This totally revised version of David Grant’s thought-provoking, insightful e-book develops our knowing of particular studying adjustments and considers the extra demanding situations provided by way of those overlapping stipulations. New sections discover psychological imagery [visualisation] and synaesthesia, allowing the reader to achieve a fuller figuring out of the sensory reviews and suggestions of people with particular studying variations.
Light Cognitive Impairment (MCI) has been pointed out as a huge scientific transition among common getting older and the early phases of Alzheimer's disorder (AD). when you consider that remedies for advert are probably to be best early during the sickness, MCI has develop into an issue of serious value and has been investigated in several populations of curiosity in lots of nations.
Möchten Sie die Leistungen bzw. Fehlleistungen des Gehirns besser verstehen? Alan Lieury wirft in bekannt lehrreicher und amüsanter Weise interessante Fragen über die Funktionsweise unseres Gehirns auf. Diese beantwortet er anhand von über eighty anschaulichen kurzen und prägnanten Aha-Experimenten aus dem Bereich der kognitiven Psychologie und zieht daraus jeweils ein Fazit.
Wyllie's remedy of Epilepsy: rules and perform, sixth variation presents a huge, distinctive, and cohesive evaluation of seizure problems and modern cures. Written by means of the main influential specialists within the box and punctiliously up-to-date to supply the most up-tp-date content material, Wyllie’s remedy of Epilepsy assists neurologists and epilepsy experts, neurology citizens and fellows, and neuropsychologists in assessing and treating their epileptic sufferers with the most recent treatment plans.
- Beyond Individual Differences: Organizing Processes, Information Overload, and Classroom Learning
- Motor Learning and Performance, 5E
- Create a Happy Life: 21 Simple Steps to Transform your Thinking Habits and Set Your Life on F.I.R.E.
- Cognitive Therapy of Anxiety Disorders: Science and Practice
Additional resources for Cognition and Aquired Language Disorders - E-Book: An Information Processing Approach