By Daniel B. Botkin,Alfred Runte
Read or Download 25 Myths That Are Destroying the Environment: What Many Environmentalists Believe and Why They Are Wrong PDF
Best nature writing books
Stephen Law's dream activity had him operating within the nation's most sensible environment--its forests. Raised on a farm in rural Maine, Stephen grew to become a civil engineer for the U. S. wooded area carrier, and A wooded area atmosphere used to be written from his reviews. He enjoyed the woods and the animals that lived there, hunted, fished and enjoyed to camp and discover.
The Western method of nature has continually operated less than either non secular and medical perspectives. whereas Christianity decrees that humans have dominion over nature, evolutionary biology teaches us that we're yet hugely tailored animals between a organic community of hundreds of thousands of different species. what's our right dating to wild animals-and what's our accountability to them?
At the area grew out of an entire life spent residing and touring around the American Southwest, from San Antonio to l. a.. Char Miller examines this borderland quarter via a native's eyes and contemplates its enormous conflicts. inner to many of the US states and Mexico's northern tier, there are struggles over water, debates over undocumented immigrants, the criminalizing of the border, and the region's evolution right into a no-man's land.
Henry D. Thoreaus Hauptwerk ist nicht »Walden« oder »Über den zivilen Ungehorsam«, sondern sein Tagebuch, das er als 20-jähriger begann und bis wenige Tage vor seinem Tod 1861 führte. Darin notierte er Beobachtungen, die zu den bedeutendsten Naturschilderungen der Weltliteratur zählen, aber auch Gedanken und Refl exionen, die ihn als ganz eigenständigen philosophischen Kopf erkennen lassen.
- Jamais seul: Ces microbes qui construisent les plantes, les animaux et les civilisations (Nature) (French Edition)
- The Simple Beauty of the Unexpected: A Natural Philosopher’s Quest for Trout and the Meaning of Everything
- Tobacco Harvest: An Elegy
- Mapping the Diversity of Nature
- Literary Excursions in the Southern Highlands: Essays on Natural History
- So Glorious a Landscape: Nature and the Environment in American History and Culture (American Visions: Readings in American Culture)
Extra resources for 25 Myths That Are Destroying the Environment: What Many Environmentalists Believe and Why They Are Wrong